Christine Frackelton, CD(DONA), CBS
West Palm Beach Doula & Breastfeeding Specialist
My Why & How
I am a doula because I desire to leave my world healthier than I found it, and also with greater cultivation of the fruits of the spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (from Galatians 5:22-23). Seeing that families are well tended during the childbearing cycle helps me to achieve these goals for parents as well as the next generation.
Volumes of scientific evidence have been recorded supporting physiological birth, the golden first hour, attachment parenting, and breastfeeding as promoters of optimal health outcomes. For that reason, I am happy to support these initiatives, too!
However, what shifts my otherwise black and white view of birth into one full of color is reverence for how my clients invite the Creator to bring new life through them, and ultimately, to make a family. With this in mind, it is my hope to witness parents go within themselves, be transformed through the mysteries and challenges of pregnancy, birth, and the fourth trimester, and then find the power to transform history by shining a light for their new family.
My theory and vision is this: that by expressing love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control to the new parents — during pregnancy, labor, and postpartum — these parents will nurture the same fruits of the spirit in theirselves and their newborn children.
Every expecting mother deserves to know her prospective doula’s uncensored perspective on birth. Click to read mine.
Outside of birth work:
While not serving pregnant moms and new families, I love giving back to my community, currently through a local doula circle and through Junior League. Typically though, I may be found with one hand pulling weeds and another tossing the frisbee to Dobby the dog in our backyard, or both hands chopping and cooking up fresh produce with my husband Rob (an award winning economics teacher), or needlepointing while I lurk behind a door in a game of hide and seek with our 3 children (ages 5-12). A Georgia native and former resident of Alabama, the Carolinas, and Virginia, one of my bucket list items came true when we moved in 2014 down here to the coastal subtropics. My bucket list also includes hiking the entire Appalachian Trail (I’m over half way finished!) and attending medical school when my children are older.
Let’s hang out!
Once upon a time in this spot, there were buttons to social media pages, but I much prefer meeting in real life. Please contact me at email@example.com or 561-827-3263 if you’d like to meet. I offer a complimentary initial meeting at various locations near downtown West Palm Beach, or can meet by zoom if need be.
honors, experience, & Education
The following is a sampling of my ongoing efforts to grow my knowledge and skills, as well as previously attended trainings, learning experiences, professional memberships, and certifications:
- Personally undergoing pregnancy as a gestational carrier
- The Science of Well-Being (ongoing) course via Yale University
- Belly Binding for Birth Professionals course & Self Binding for Postpartum Women course (ongoing)
- The BirthRite Experience, education for use of birth seats
- Attained Certified Breastfeeding Specialist credential from Lactation Education Resources
- Completed 90 hour Lactation Consultant Training Program
- Recertification as a DONA International Certified Birth Doula
- Joined Evidence Based Birth (EBB) Academy and became an EBB Pro Member
- completed pre medical coursework (began in 2017) through FAU Post Baccalaureate Medical Pathway Program
- DONA Summit, including a full day preconference workshop on the Practical Use of the Mexican Rebozo for Optimal Birth Outcomes. Â Other workshops attended include: Strategies for Advocacy; Reducing Emotional Trauma from an Unexpected Cesarean; the Art, Science, and Wisdom of the Cuarantena, and Destination Laborland: Setting a Fresh Course towards Physiological Birth.
- Joined the Association for Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology and Health (APPPAH)
- Shadowed home birth advocate OB/GYN Stuart Fischbein, M.D.
- CD(DONA) certification credential attained
- Touch for Health I (muscle testing and balancing)
- Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy Self-Care Training
- Midwife designed childbirth education series from Abundant Life Birth Center
- Personally undergoing pregnancy, labor, and postpartum for my 3rd born child (with a hired doula’s support, of course!)
- DONA International Birth Doula workshop & DONA International approved breastfeeding course for doulas
- ProDoula Postpartum Doula workshop
- ProDoula Postpartum Placenta Specialist training
- Birthing From Within Birth Art Process course
- K-Power (energy kinesiology) for Mind Body Therapists and Birth Professionals
- Red Cross pediatric and adult first aid, CPR, and AED
- Biologix Bloodborne Pathogens for Placenta Encapsulation Professionals
- Bradley Method childbirth education series
Prior to 2014
- ICEA membership & enrollment in Prenatal Fitness Educator (2012)
- Lamaze childbirth education series
- Childbearing cycles for my two oldest children, with a hired doula at each birth
- BA in Studio Art from Wake Forest University