Hi! I’m Christine Frackelton, and here is why I doula!
I am a doula because I am driven to make the world healthier and more infused with the fruits of the spirit. Seeing that families are well cared for during the childbearing cycle helps me to achieve these goals for both the next generation and the new parents.
I have little to add to the volumes that have been written about the physiological process of birth, as well as breastfeeding. Scientific evidence shows that, under most circumstances, these natural processes lead towards optimal health outcomes. When a pregnant couple decides to hire me to support their goal for a vaginal or an unmedicated vaginal birth, I am enthused to be working towards making the world healthier.
Making the world more peaceful, joyful, kind, gentle, faithful, and full of grace, however, is what shifts the otherwise black and white view physiological birth into my lens full of color. This requires a tap into the divine — something pregnant people already have done, by opening their bodies to the handiwork of our Creator. I love witnessing the expecting parents lean into their creative power. When they make space to go within themselves and be transformed by the mysteries and challenges of pregnancy and birth, they have the power to re-write history the way it ought to go. Sometimes, even, they rewrite our cultural story of birth to include more orgasmic birth experiences! Always, though, I have this hope: that by expressing love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control to the new parents — during pregnancy, labor, and postpartum — these parents will express the same fruits of the spirit to their newborn child.
This work is my passion, and for that reason, I can not resist the urge to continually learn and grow in my art of doula-ing. The following are my ongoing efforts to grow my knowledge and skills, as well as previously attended trainings, and certifications :
2018 / Ongoing
- FAU Post Baccalaureate Medical Pathway Program (ongoing since 2017)
- 90 hour Lactation Consultant Training Program from Lactation Education Resources (ongoing)
- DONA Summit, which included workshops on the practical use of the Mexican rebozo for optimal birth outcomes, strategies for advocacy, and reducing emotional trauma from an unexpected cesarean
- CD(DONA) certification credential attained
- Touch for Health I (muscle testing and balancing)
- Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy Self-Care Training
- Midwife designed childbirth education series from Abundant Life Birth Center
- Personally undergoing pregnancy, labor, and postpartum for my 3rd born child (the best continuing education!)
- DONA International Birth Doula workshop & DONA International approved breastfeeding course for doulas
- ProDoula Postpartum Doula workshop
- ProDoula Postpartum Placenta Specialist training
- Birthing From Within Birth Art Process course
- K-Power (energy kinesiology) for Mind Body Therapists and Birth Professionals
- Red Cross pediatric and adult first aid, CPR, and AED
- Biologix Bloodborne Pathogens for Placenta Encapsulation Professionals
- Bradley Method childbirth education series
Prior to 2014
- Lamaze childbirth education series
- Childbearing cycles for my older two children
- BA in Studio Art from Wake Forest University
Outside of Tremendoulas:
While not serving pregnant moms and new families, I enjoy outdoor adventures, painting, and giving back to my community. I founded the Palm Beach branch of Hike it Baby in early 2016 and have served as its branch ambassador since. Before Hike it Baby existed, I hiked more than half of the Appalachian Trail (and then discovered I was pregnant!) I also volunteer through Junior League of the Palm Beaches , which I have been a member of since moving to Florida in 2014. I’ve called Virginia, the Carolinas, Georgia and Alabama home in the past, but am content now to have surfing weather year round. My best blessing in this season of life is getting to spend my free time with my award winning economics teacher of a husband, Rob, and our three children, who range in age from 2 to 8 years old.Schedule an interview with Christine
Want to know my birth philosophy?
Every expecting mother deserves to know her prospective doula’s uncensored perspective on birth. Click to read more.
What others say about Christine:
Compassionate and experienced
Every step of the way